About the project
The client has a series of game translation and proofreading test need to be evaluated on regular basis. The languages are including Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese Korean, Thai and Japanese. Every evaluation test will be performed in one hour.
The QA linguist needs to go through each test and fill out the evaluation forms. One is for translation, and the other one is for proofreading. The specific instructions for this evaluation job are listed below:
1. The QA linguist should mark with an (X) in front of the given statement that, in their profession opinion, best describes the quality of the translation he/she verified. For example:
(a) The translation was excellent. The translator was highly-accurate and conveyed the meaning of the source document in a localised manner. Minimal amount of changes performed.
(b) The translation was below-average. There were substantial amendments that needed to be performed in order to ensure the document will read more natural to a native speaker of the target language. In some cases there were also accuracy errors.
2. The QA linguist must highlight the main strengths and weaknesses of the translation he/she verified, and test translation strengths and weaknesses should be provided where applicable.
3.Finally, it is required to mark the translation the linguist verified from 1 to 10 (with 1 being “very poor” and 10 being “excellent”)
(1) We selected native QA linguists who have game knowledge and have years of experiences in language quality check.
(2) The linguists carefully read the instructions before perform the evaluation. Their listed strengths and weaknesses for each test specifically. Apart from this, our responsible QA linguist shared his suggestion and comments for weakness translation. It will do great help for the client and testers.
(3) Regarding proofreading evaluation, the working flow is much simple. The linguists only need to check if all errors have been found by testers and all revisions are necessary. Based on these criteria, the linguist will calculated the score for each proofreading tests on the given evaluation form.
Testronic is the major leaders in Quality Assurance, Localization Services, Compliance, and Certification. As part of the Catalis Group, and with their sister company Kuju Entertainment, Testronic is committed to offering an innovative and evolutionary range of services specifically designed to meet the requirements of the industries they serve. Testronic offers end-to-end Testing and QA solutions for a notable array of industries; including entertainment, media, games, publishing, e-commerce and consumer electronics. Operating from facilities in the US, the UK, Belgium, and Poland, and with commercial representation in Japan, Testronic is able to leverage their cross-media experience and the scale of their global operation to offer quality, efficiency, value, and security to our customers. Their global sites operate to identical standards, which are continually refined in conjunction with evolving markets, clients’ needs, and in-depth industry experience. This enables them to guarantee the uniformity of approach that is essential to studios, online content distributors, multinational developers, titleholders, publishers, and manufacturers.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way.