The client sent the game texts of different platforms(like PC/Steam, PS3, Wii U, PlayStation Vita) to us for translation. The Japanese localization kit for Castle Storm is a simple .xls sheet.Download Case Study
The client sent the game texts of different platforms(like PC/Steam, PS3, Wii U, PlayStation Vita) to us for translation. The Japanese localization kit for Castle Storm is is a simple .xls sheet, and quite self-explanatory. The first column is reserved for notes. Use it freely for communication with the dev team. The second column has the string ’castlestorm’ for each lines that should be translated. Lines that don’t have that string in the second column shouldn’t be translated. The third column contains the string keys, please leave them unchanged.The fourth column contains the English text. The rest column was meant to contain the translated text.
(1) We selected the pros and game expertise translator who had translated /XBox Time-splitter/ XBox Time-splitter 2/XBox Hitman 2/Samurai II to work on this project.
(2) To ensure the translation consistency, we created a Translation Memory (TM) and maintain the TM along with a terminology list, by applying the TM, it will be easier and faster for future game release and updates.
(3) CCJK asked the translators twice to carefully follow the Terminology and game instructions before starting the translation. Always remember to report any inquiries and unclear vocabularies (As the new release of the game always short and brief, it seems very complicated without any context.) during translation. We will prepare a QA form for help.
(4) When the first around of the translation get done, CCJK strictly follow the quality guidelines of American Translation Association (ATA) and each of the projects will be edited by a 2nd editor and proofread by a third party with profound game knowledge, hence high quality can be guaranteed.
(5) The QA specialist checked the completed translation before delivery. He/she emphasized on checking if the translator followed the client instructions, such as the maximum length, parameter strings, and terms consistency.
Read Also: Mistakes in Japanese Writing
CastleStorm is a physics based tower destruction game, combining elements of real time strategy, resource management, and a beautiful blend of challenging gameplay scenarios. It’s Knights vs. Vikings in CastleStorm, where medieval warfare meets 2D physics-based destruction! Controlling the battle in real time, players will harness the power of medieval artillery, manage a fearsome ground attack, and cast powerful spells! CastleStorm features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more. The game was produced by ZEN STUDIO. Now the game is available on steam, PS3, Wii U, PlayStation Vita and Xbox Live Acrade.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way.
Also, read how we help localize the project related to Japanese language for our client. Read the case study here
More Case Studies
After several projects reviews, and a request from our side to share our certific...
WITT- Gasetechnik GmbH & Co KG has translation requests for the language combinat...
See how our clients rate us
I will use CCJK in the future and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for language translation services.
Kim ClarkMarketing Manager, EnBIO
I appreciate all your hard work on this. We will definitely use your company again in the future.
Your service was excellent. I had native language speakers review the finished content and they informed me the quality was excellent. I will definitely be using your service in the future.
The first proofs were the final documents. We had no changes. This is our 2nd time using this vendor and we will use again. Thanks!
SherryManager Marketing Dept.
We are extremely happy that it was such a quick translation, as well your quick response at all moments! Great Service. We will for sure be using your services in future. Thank you!
Aida MajzoubExecutive Assistant
Your service is great and we are very happy to work with you. We will send you in the next time some new work.
Great experience all around. Very good work and service. I would highly recommend them.
Rick WongThe Dohring Company & MarketSurveys
Thank you so much (and also to the translators). It’s been such a pleasure working with CCJK. I will definitely recommend it to anyone that would require translation services.