Schramm has its existing English site developed with WordPress. They wanted to translate all English content into Mandarin including the web site buttons.Download Case Study
Schramm, Inc. is a century-old Chester County, Pennsylvania manufacturer and global supplier to the hydraulic drill industry, focusing on land based applications. Specializing in mobile, top-head hydraulic rotary drilling rigs, Schramm supply to companies in the mining, energy, geothermal and water sectors worldwide. Over 75 percent of the company’s revenues come from export sales, with global reach including major market positions in China, Chile, Brazil, Australia, Russia and South Africa. More details about Schramm could be found in
Schramm has its existing English site developed with WordPress. They wanted to translate all English content into Mandarin including the web site buttons. Same format and layout, just overlay the text. The client’s intent is to have a button on the English language home page that when selected switches the entire site over to Mandarin. Schramm wanted to have both sites in separate data file areas to keep them at arm’s length. Besides localization to Mandarin, Schramm also needs Chinese web search engine key word optimization to match what they have in place with their current English and Spanish sites. In other words, the client wanted more than a Mandarin website that looks good, but also heavy activity to drive traffic to the Mandarin site thus generating enquiries and orders in the Mandarin speaking market.
THE CCJK SOLUTION:
CCJK assigned a dedicated team of translators, designer, and SEO engineers to provide on stop solution to meet the client’s challenges.
CCJK collaborated with Schramm and established not only a solid localization process to carry out the translation and localization activity in WordPress, but also a SEO plan to improve the search engine traffic and keyword traffic.
To localize the client’s English site in WordPress, the following process was set up to maximize efficiency while minimizing cost:
WordPress Localization Process:
1. The IT Department at Schramm set up the “mirror” site and put all original English content on the mandarin site
2. Schramm provides CCJK with a user name and password to access the site
3. CCJK extracts all localizable items in a Word document and translates and edits the content in a Translation Memory (TM) environment, creates and maintains three valuable translation assets for client: glossary, TM and style guide.
4. CCJK engineer places the translated text into wordpress and localize those forms and addon items in WordPress.
5. CCJK designer localize those English images and banners and replace them with Mandarin ones.
6. CCJK tests to make sure both linguistic and functional issues work well.
7. Schramm distributors review the layout and text to make sure it reads similar to the English site
8. Schramm launches
The result of successful operation of the above process is the fully localized Mandarin version:
To address the client’s need in SEO for better activity on the localized Mandarin site, the following SEO Action Plan was established:
Read Also: Some notes for English Translation
SEO Action Plan:
Based on the Google analysis results, CCJK’s SEO engineers proposed an initial action plan targeting at improving the current performance in regard to site traffic and keywords.
< Install a plug-in “All in one SEO pack” in WordPress for both English and Chinese sites. So as we can add keywords and description in every page and post.
1. Carry out keywords research on page basis and finalize the keywords for both English site (using Google’s Search-Based Keyword Tool ) and Mandarin site (using Baidu Index Tool).
2. Add keywords and description that matches with the content of each single page.
3. Install Sitemap add-on in WordPress which facilitates the spiders catching more content for better indexing results.
4. Extensive link building to both sites in order to improve the indexing and traffic driven by the search engines.
5. Ongoing link building focusing on industry directories and link exchanges. As part of the link exchanges, we encourage client’s all branches and dealers to add Schramm sites in their standalone websites.
6. Advertorial articles submission – to publish advertorial articles based on the content of the website onto various Internet platforms.
7. Improve keyword ranking. To generate traffic in high quality, we have to drive the organic ranking of the relative keywords. Hot keywords need significant time to get results.
8. Google Analytics. Come up more targeted scheme by monitoring the performance data from Google Analytics.
By assembling an efficient team consisting of linguists, designer and engineer working on solid and proven process, in less than one month CCJK has successfully launched Schramm’s Mandarin site in WordPress which requires strong technical support and high quality standard.
The traffic driven to Mandarin’s Mandarin site grew 120% in less than one month.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for English language. Click here to read the complete case study
More Case Studies
After several projects reviews, and a request from our side to share our certific...
WITT- Gasetechnik GmbH & Co KG has translation requests for the language combinat...
See how our clients rate us
I will use CCJK in the future and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for language translation services.
Kim ClarkMarketing Manager, EnBIO
I appreciate all your hard work on this. We will definitely use your company again in the future.
Your service was excellent. I had native language speakers review the finished content and they informed me the quality was excellent. I will definitely be using your service in the future.
The first proofs were the final documents. We had no changes. This is our 2nd time using this vendor and we will use again. Thanks!
SherryManager Marketing Dept.
We are extremely happy that it was such a quick translation, as well your quick response at all moments! Great Service. We will for sure be using your services in future. Thank you!
Aida MajzoubExecutive Assistant
Your service is great and we are very happy to work with you. We will send you in the next time some new work.
Great experience all around. Very good work and service. I would highly recommend them.
Rick WongThe Dohring Company & MarketSurveys
Thank you so much (and also to the translators). It’s been such a pleasure working with CCJK. I will definitely recommend it to anyone that would require translation services.