German to Japanese Prinect Integration Manager Localization
The client required us to use both QA Distiller and SnellSpell for checking of the translation issues. QA Distiller can process TTX, XLIFF and TMX files.Download Case Study
The client has a software manual for Prinect Integration Manager that need to be localized from German into Japanese project. There have 40% new words, 30% fuzzy matches and 30% full matches and repetitions. 100% matches are locked by the client, which should be checked after we finished the translation. As reference, the client provided us with TM, glossary, English PDF and translation previous version of the manual. The translator must apply Trados studio 2009 for this project.
1. Spelling and grammatical mistakes are unacceptable. It is essential to perform a final check of Japanese translation before delivery.
2. The client required us to use both QA Distiller and SnellSpell for checking of the German translation issues. QA Distiller can process TTX, XLIFF and TMX files and unites all the essential quality assurance checks in a highly configurable environment.
3. Settings for QA Distiller check is: 1. Use the profile. 2. Check and correct the reported genuine translation errors accordingly. 3. Send the genuine log file (in .xls and .html format) to client along with the deliverables.
4. The tools generated a log file which the client could use for double-check. In this way, the client could make sure that the translators did the right checks after translation and know the translation output is in good quality.
Read Also: Introduction of German and Germany
1. We selected a seasoned native Japanese translator to take up the project. Since the client is high sensitive with the translation quality, therefore we completed 3000 words of test project for client to do the first QA, after getting the quality approval, the translator continued doing the rest project.
2. The client has their own settings for QA distiller check; we applied the same settings of QAD profiles as the client did. The procedure is given below: Unzipped QAD_profiles.zip to our computer (e.g. to My DocumentsQA Distiller) firstly. Then Start QA Distiller and go to File > Setup > General. Finally click the Browse button next to Location of character set files and browse to the charsets folder we unzipped.
3. During QA check, QA Distiller generated a list of possible error messages. We listed the genuine mistakes, discarded false error messages by pressing the space bar or right-clicking the error line. And made a checklist for translator. As soon as we got the correction comments from translator, we double-clicked the error line, and it jumped directly to the error location in TagEditor. After completion of the mistake we marked the error line as fixed by right-clicking the error line twice. It turned to be colored in green.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. If you have any German to Japanese translation project, please feel free to contact [email protected]
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for German language. Click here to read the complete case study
More Case Studies
After several projects reviews, and a request from our side to share our certific...
WITT- Gasetechnik GmbH & Co KG has translation requests for the language combinat...
See how our clients rate us
I will use CCJK in the future and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for language translation services.
Kim ClarkMarketing Manager, EnBIO
I appreciate all your hard work on this. We will definitely use your company again in the future.
Your service was excellent. I had native language speakers review the finished content and they informed me the quality was excellent. I will definitely be using your service in the future.
The first proofs were the final documents. We had no changes. This is our 2nd time using this vendor and we will use again. Thanks!
SherryManager Marketing Dept.
We are extremely happy that it was such a quick translation, as well your quick response at all moments! Great Service. We will for sure be using your services in future. Thank you!
Aida MajzoubExecutive Assistant
Your service is great and we are very happy to work with you. We will send you in the next time some new work.
Great experience all around. Very good work and service. I would highly recommend them.
Rick WongThe Dohring Company & MarketSurveys
Thank you so much (and also to the translators). It’s been such a pleasure working with CCJK. I will definitely recommend it to anyone that would require translation services.