Casino Games Translation
It should be translated into 13 languages. Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Polish, Japanese, Czech, Finnish, Portuguese, French, Norwegian, Hebrew, Korean, IndonesianDownload Case Study
The client requested us to translate casino words into 13 languages (Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Polish, Japanese, Czech, Finnish, Portuguese, French, Norwegian, Hebrew, Korean, Indonesian). The file format is xml. We should open it by excel, but should save it by xml.
Requirements and/or Challenges:
It should be translated into 13 languages. The client’s requirements and/or the challenges are as following:
1. Translated into 13 languages.
2. Don’t “save as” an Excel document. Always keep it in the XML format. But we should open it by excel when we translate it.
Problem: it is very easy to make this mistake (to save as Excel format).
3. There are 23 sheets in this xml file. There are three columns in each sheet:
- Ignore the first, it is a reference column
- The second is the English
- The third column is where to enter the translations;
4. Display problem: words in some languages (such as Thai, Hebrew) cannot be displayed normally. Please see the following Thai example:
Besides, written Hebrew word is from right to left.
Read Also: Skills of Game Localization
1. We sent test to these 13 languages translators who are in our large talent pool. We carefully selected excellent translators who are professional in casino for these 13 languages. In fact, 13 languages are not the problem for us. We ever dealt with 104 languages for MICROSOFT. However, this project is professional casino project. It took us much time to select suitable professional translators.
2. We listed this item in project email to our translators. But sometimes, the translators save it as excel format because of limit skill. Then we asked our technology engineer to help us deal with this problem. Sometimes, engineer is too busy to deal with it. Then we paste translation text into original xml file and save as xml file, but this way will need more time.
3. We enforced TEP strictly. This kind of problem can be examined during this course. Besides, the PM will check the file before delivering to the client.
4. It took us long-time to resolve this problem because of different time zone. There are several ways to deal with:
a. To ask translator write down his translation in excel file. Then we paste it into xml file. However, it is not useful for all languages.
b. to change code, change the code into UNICODE. Sometimes, the word cannot display normally because of unsupported code.
c. As for Hebrew, we ask our engineer to support us. To change it as it is normal from left to right.
The client Multislot is a casino solution provider. They focuses its resources into more platforms, unique products and more features; social gaming; mobile platform; specialized products and features; fresh unique content.
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for Gaming Industry Translation. Click here to read the complete case study
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com
More Case Studies
After several projects reviews, and a request from our side to share our certific...
WITT- Gasetechnik GmbH & Co KG has translation requests for the language combinat...
See how our clients rate us
I will use CCJK in the future and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for language translation services.
Kim ClarkMarketing Manager, EnBIO
I appreciate all your hard work on this. We will definitely use your company again in the future.
Your service was excellent. I had native language speakers review the finished content and they informed me the quality was excellent. I will definitely be using your service in the future.
The first proofs were the final documents. We had no changes. This is our 2nd time using this vendor and we will use again. Thanks!
SherryManager Marketing Dept.
We are extremely happy that it was such a quick translation, as well your quick response at all moments! Great Service. We will for sure be using your services in future. Thank you!
Aida MajzoubExecutive Assistant
Your service is great and we are very happy to work with you. We will send you in the next time some new work.
Great experience all around. Very good work and service. I would highly recommend them.
Rick WongThe Dohring Company & MarketSurveys
Thank you so much (and also to the translators). It’s been such a pleasure working with CCJK. I will definitely recommend it to anyone that would require translation services.