LinguaLinx, Inc. EN-KO
Laying out the translations in the publisher file, and formatting the publisher file so it’s publish-ready.Translations will need to be pasted into the publisher file and formatted.Download Case Study
the client has a pub format English source file to be translated into Korean. The file is quite urgent and needs to be delivered within the day.
1. Translation and Proofreading: Publication1
2. IMPORTANT Notes:Laying out the translations in the publisher file, and formatting the publisher file so it’s publish-ready.
Publisher is not a memoQ compliant format. A PDF is created from the publisher file to import into memoQ.
Translations will need to be pasted into the publisher file and formatted.
DELIVERABLES: Publish-ready MS publisher file with proofed final translations laid out to match the source format.
Translated RTF exported from memoQ
Edited RTF exported from memoQ
Proofed: final memoQ project completed with all segments confirmed and clean QA report with all errors resolved and all warnings addressed.
1. Read very carefully the client’s instruction, note what we should pay attention to during translation, and the deliverable files required by the client; then download the source pub file and mqout file from the client’s server, export to rtf file for translation; we analyzed the file to find out which translation field it belongs, so as to find the suitable translator to ensure the best quality.
2. As it’s in the morning, we assign the rtf file to the one of our best long-cooperating Korean translators with years of experience in this field and ask him to return it by noon; meanwhile inform the proofreader of this field in KO to prepare proofreading in the afternoon along with sending him the source file for reference and tell him the delivery deadline of 17:00 within the day;
3. Then assign the proofreading job to him after receiving the translation and tell him to meet the deadline;
4. After receiving the proofreading rtf, import it into memoQ and run QA, ask the proofreader to resolve all the errors which are very few, and export a QA report Excel, then confirm all the segments; and finally export a final memoQ delivery file.
5. The final step is very important as required by the client: paste the KO translation into the pub file with the same format of the original English one. Ask the translator to paste and he’ll also know the proofread and learn from it.
6. Finally, deliver the translation rtf, proofreading rtf, final memoQ delivery file, clean QA report with all errors resolved and all warnings addressed and the Korean version pub file.
Read Also: Vividness in English Translation
So the project is successfully completed and delivered. The client is satisfied with the project. More projects coming…
LinguLlinx provides everything from outsourced documentation, XML migration, content authoring and multiplatform publishing to multilingual solutions such as translation, interpreting and desktop publishing. It partners with clients to enhance all aspects of the content lifecycle.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. If you have any translation inquiries, please feel free to contact [email protected]
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for English language. Click here to read the complete case study
More Case Studies
After several projects reviews, and a request from our side to share our certific...
WITT- Gasetechnik GmbH & Co KG has translation requests for the language combinat...
See how our clients rate us
I will use CCJK in the future and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for language translation services.
Kim ClarkMarketing Manager, EnBIO
I appreciate all your hard work on this. We will definitely use your company again in the future.
Your service was excellent. I had native language speakers review the finished content and they informed me the quality was excellent. I will definitely be using your service in the future.
The first proofs were the final documents. We had no changes. This is our 2nd time using this vendor and we will use again. Thanks!
SherryManager Marketing Dept.
We are extremely happy that it was such a quick translation, as well your quick response at all moments! Great Service. We will for sure be using your services in future. Thank you!
Aida MajzoubExecutive Assistant
Your service is great and we are very happy to work with you. We will send you in the next time some new work.
Great experience all around. Very good work and service. I would highly recommend them.
Rick WongThe Dohring Company & MarketSurveys
Thank you so much (and also to the translators). It’s been such a pleasure working with CCJK. I will definitely recommend it to anyone that would require translation services.