Towers Watson Survey Translation
As there are only have some difference between the latest surveys and last year’s, to save the cost and keep the translations as consistent as possible.Download Case Study
As there are only have some difference between the latest surveys and last year’s, to save the cost and keep the translations as consistent as possible, translation company usually create the TM and use SDL Trados Studio 2009 or SDL Trados Studio 2011 to deal with the translation. Translators should learn how to use this tools and deliver professional translations with high quality.
After getting the studio package from the project Manager, open Studio and go to the Home view, then select Open Package. Browse to the package (.sdlppx) we received from the project manager and click Open. Then click on Finish. Choose a folder to save the files, once the package has been imported to Studio, click Close. Go to Projects view, doubl-click the project name and make sure the project you need to work on appear in bold.
Working on the files:
1. Read the project manager’s instructions carefully, start at the beginning of the file and scroll to the first unlocked entry. Update the segment as required and then press Ctrl+Enter.
2. There are also some fuzzy matches that need to be wordked on, it can be anywhere between 67 and 99%. This means that the TM entry is 67 to 99% similar to the new source text and should be reviewed/amended as necessary.
3. We should always check fuzzy matches, regardless of whether they have already been edited. In the translation results window, Studio will highlight the differences between the TM entry and new source segment using tracked changes.
4. Usually, we just need to change the translation for only part of the sentence. We also should avoid introducing stylistic changes as we have been instructed by Towers Watson to stick to the reference material as closely as possible.
5. The tags in the studio need to be transferred accurately to the target column, in order for the formatting to display correctly in the final files. The ‘safest’ way is to position your cursor in the target column and press Ctrl+Ins and then overwrite the English text with the translation.
We can press F3 to search a special term’s translation that we are not sure of in the TM. When we are doing the translation, we should check the consistency of the terms within a survey, using the display filter is usefull. The usual Find function (Ctrl+F) is also available. To activate the filter, please go to View > Toolbars > Display Filter.
6. When we are proofreading the translation, we usually need to use track changes funtion. This feature is available in Studio 2011. To activate and deactivate the track changes tool , please go to Tools > Track Changes > Toggle Track Changes On/Off (Ctrl+Alt+F9).
7. Another method to check the files is to use the QA checker, the QA Checker aims to automate the detection of some translation errors.
8. After all of translation is done and checked, we save the file and then go to the Projects view and right-click on the project name and select Create Return Package.( file extension .sdlrpx) and this is the delivery file.
Read Also: Extraordinary Financial and Economical Translation in CCJK
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way.
More Case Studies
After several projects reviews, and a request from our side to share our certific...
WITT- Gasetechnik GmbH & Co KG has translation requests for the language combinat...
See how our clients rate us
I will use CCJK in the future and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for language translation services.
Kim ClarkMarketing Manager, EnBIO
I appreciate all your hard work on this. We will definitely use your company again in the future.
Your service was excellent. I had native language speakers review the finished content and they informed me the quality was excellent. I will definitely be using your service in the future.
The first proofs were the final documents. We had no changes. This is our 2nd time using this vendor and we will use again. Thanks!
SherryManager Marketing Dept.
We are extremely happy that it was such a quick translation, as well your quick response at all moments! Great Service. We will for sure be using your services in future. Thank you!
Aida MajzoubExecutive Assistant
Your service is great and we are very happy to work with you. We will send you in the next time some new work.
Great experience all around. Very good work and service. I would highly recommend them.
Rick WongThe Dohring Company & MarketSurveys
Thank you so much (and also to the translators). It’s been such a pleasure working with CCJK. I will definitely recommend it to anyone that would require translation services.