Hugo Boss EN-SCH, TCH, JP Case Study
About The Project
The service is
- We are starting with the translation project “HUGO BOSS SOM Store Operations Manual” and the next chapter for HUGO BOSS: People Management.
Translate 20+17 files (Excel and Word) from English into the following languages:
– Chinese (traditional)
– Chinese (simplidied)
There have to be translated around 25,000 words.
For the project, we will provide you with a Studio Package (the TMs are still empty, as this is the first translation project, which involves these languages).
There will be also Styleguide in the package.
Timeline: 12 days (including weekends)
Analysis of the project
- This is a large project with tight timeline and high quality requirement. We didn’t know it at the beginning and meet the deadline with the best quality though. Still we made a lot of follow-up revisions according to the client’s many following requirements.
Inspiration from the Job
1) As always, read carefully the client’s note, followed the client’s notes to assign the jobs to the corresponding translators. I stressed the importance of following the style guide, as there were words and phrases that didn’t need to be translated.
2) I also checked the translator’s progress on translation, and check their translation quality briefly before delivery.
3) Specially for this project, we got a lot of feedbacks from the client regarding translation content, for each feedback regarding the three languages, we had to send back comments on the revision, revise in the bilingual file and generate the final target file to the client. And the client also revised the source files for several time, we had to revise the translations accordingly.
4) The client had really high quality requirements, but asked us to revise within very limited time. Also we had to revise from time to time free of charge. So it was very important for me to coordinate with the translators; I tried my best to persuade the translators to help revise and gave them extra fees to do the job as there are too much revisions.
The HUGO BOSS Group is one of the market leaders in the premium and luxury segment of the global apparel market. The Group focuses on the development and marketing of premium fashion and accessories for men and women. Headquartered in Metzingen, the Company generated with almost 12,500 employees a net income of EUR 2.4 billion in fiscal year 2013, making it one of the most profitable listed apparel manufacturers in the world.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. If you have any translation inquiries, please feel free to contact Jolie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others