About the project
Multimedia Instructional Design Ltd (MMID) wish to get a training course translated into both simplified and traditional Chinese. There are around 65,000 words in total. This is not a technical course as the content consists of a method for teaching children to read. The translation would need to show the English headings for each page as well as the Chinese headings so that the finished work could easily be matched with the English source. These courses should be proofreadered after the translation.
While waiting for the client’s decision, we CCJK are thinking what our team can do and what kind of value we can create for the client as one of their reliable localization partners. The following ten points are what we come up as a step by step procedure, and definitely we put them into execution after the project ready to go.
1. Cooperate with the vendor qualification process to be their qualified language provider. We did a small test translation (both simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese) for the client. We did it successfully and MMID is very happy with it and we are in a very strong position to win the project.
2. After we have the go-ahead from the client, we prepare a glossary by scanning all text and extracted all key and project-specific terminologies from the translation kit. The glossary play a key role in keeping consistency and increase manageability thus ensure success of a multilingual project.
3. We use Computer Aided Tool (CAT) to create and maintain a Translation Memory (TM) for your projects on long-term basis. Every translation unit will be saved in TM. One time translated, multi-time used. Thus save your cost (at least 30%) while enhancing quality and consistency. Another advantage you can take by creating TM is, we charge fewer words as we discount both for repetitions and for similar words (75%-99% match)
4. Fast response to the client’s every enquiry for timely communication; Periodic reporting for your progress tracking and monitoring.
5. Select only the qualified linguists who are familiar with the area and experienced in training materials translation.
6. Strictly follow the quality guidelines of American Translators Association (ATA) and make sure every translation to be edited by a second linguist and proofread by a third party to assure the best quality.
7. Do as much research as possible for those terminologies or source texts whose meaning is uncertain for an informed translation. For any uncertain issues that could not be resolved in-house, always raise a query log to you for verification.
8. Run a post-production check based on the localized course at the later stage of the course localization project. Our linguist team will review the localized course to make sure the accuracy of the translations.
9. Make countless modification according to your review feedback until you are fully satisfied with the final deliverables. Update the glossary and TM in time so that you always maintain a most update glossary and TM for your next translation project.
10. By combining all above altogether, we will make sure the client update and release of new courses can never be easier and faster.
Multimedia Instructional Design Ltd (MMID) is in the business of providing Web, Multimedia and e-learning learning solutions for corporate organizations, government agencies, visitor centres and tourism-related bodies. MMID has a long track record in delivering innovative technological and visual solutions in Ireland and the UK. The company has produced award-winning videos, animations, educational interactive material, websites, corporate intranets and more recently visitor centre multimedia experiences.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way.