The client requested free test translation for a large potential project from English to Simplified Chinese for about 100,000 words. Source file was MS Word.Download Case Study
1. Account Manager applied to offer two different versions for the test according to client’s high quality requirement.
2. Resource Manager Chose two different test translation teams (translators who were most suitable and with profound industry knowledge, senior editors who were familiar with the industry and senior proofreaders) according to the contents.
3. Project Manager assigned the test translation to related translators chose by Resource Manager.
4. After receiving translated file, Project Manager handled QA with QA tools and then sent the file to editors.
5. File after editing was sent to proofreader.
6. File after proofreading with tracking was sent to the first translator to confirm.
7. Project Manager handled QA for format editing, number, punctuations etc again.
8. Account Manager checked all the things before delivery and then delivered OK files to client.
Reply from client:
After reviewing the translation your company did, we think it fulfills our requirement.
As for the two versions you sent over, it is hard to say which one is better. If I have to choose, I would say I prefer the structure of version 2.
The importance of test translation:
When clients want to find a new linguistic vendor with high quality, they will request to try test translation first. For project with large volume, choosing the most suitable translators via test translation is also necessary.
There are more opportunities for freelancers and translation agencies who can offer free test translation. How to create test translation with high quality is always the pursuit of translation vendor.
Read Also: Cultural Factors in English to Chinese Translation
There is no best translation in the world but we can offer client’s favorite style. Offering test translation more than one style is a good choice. The rate of to be a formal vendor is higher by doing this. Usually, translation vendor will assign the translation test to different translators, editors and proofreaders and deliver two or more translated file with different style to client. Client then can choose the better one they like.
The delivery of test translation is the first impression. So delivery on time is very important. Any problems should also be communicated with client during the proceeding.
Who will be the final vendor is determined by the quality of test translation. A completed procedure is very helpful for test translation with high quality. CCJK is always on the way to pursuit of excellence for both test and formal translation.
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for English language. Click here to read the complete case study
More Case Studies
After several projects reviews, and a request from our side to share our certific...
WITT- Gasetechnik GmbH & Co KG has translation requests for the language combinat...
See how our clients rate us
I will use CCJK in the future and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for language translation services.
Kim ClarkMarketing Manager, EnBIO
I appreciate all your hard work on this. We will definitely use your company again in the future.
Your service was excellent. I had native language speakers review the finished content and they informed me the quality was excellent. I will definitely be using your service in the future.
The first proofs were the final documents. We had no changes. This is our 2nd time using this vendor and we will use again. Thanks!
SherryManager Marketing Dept.
We are extremely happy that it was such a quick translation, as well your quick response at all moments! Great Service. We will for sure be using your services in future. Thank you!
Aida MajzoubExecutive Assistant
Your service is great and we are very happy to work with you. We will send you in the next time some new work.
Great experience all around. Very good work and service. I would highly recommend them.
Rick WongThe Dohring Company & MarketSurveys
Thank you so much (and also to the translators). It’s been such a pleasure working with CCJK. I will definitely recommend it to anyone that would require translation services.