Case Study - Large Translation Project from English to Thai
The client requested us to do a large translation project from English to Thai language. There are total 120000 words. It belongs to a technical file. We should finish it within 15 days. The file format is ppt and doc. Our client also provides ttx files to be translated.
There are many challenges to finish this project well. The client’s requirements and/or the challenges are as following:
1. Urgent. We should finish it within 15 days;
2. Glossary. Our client provide glossary, however, there are some typos and mistranslation;
3. Consistence. Deliver it by 8 batches. We should keep consistence for all batches.
4. The format of cleaning file.
1. We did test translation in December. But the project began formally in Feb. 1st. There are total 120000 words.
2. In December, we did a test translation about 6000 words which was finished within 2 days. The client also sent Glossary to us. He asked us to keep consistence with Glossary. However, our translator found that there are many typos and mistranslation. Our translator spent a lot of time to amend it. And we sent the updated Glossary to the client for final confirmation.
3. We use tools to control it.
a. we use Trados 2011 to do it. The client provides ttx files to be translated. However, Trados 2011 is more convenient than Trados 2007. Therefore, we suggest to do this project by Trados 2011. We make files into the project package, importing the TM(tmx), Termbase(.mdb). The translator can search terms in TM and TB.
b. we use QA tool – xbench to check consistence for 8 batches. We do QA by xbench when we receive translation files.
4. We enforced TEP strictly. As we all know, after cleaning the xliff files, there are often some format problems, such as space, punctuation etc. This kind of problem can be examined during this course. Besides, the PM will check the file before delivering to the client.
This client is our VIP client, a language service agent. We ever did a large English-Thai translation IT project. And also we always do English-Chinese, English-Japanese, English-Indonesia, English-Malay, English-Spanish, English-French, English-Arabic translation……
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com.
Read Also: Case Study—Interpretation of English to Chinese in the Dubai Event
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for English language. Click here to read the complete case study
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others