Application Localization: Think Globally, App Locally
Mobile applications are launched daily, worldwide. Nearly every business, institution, industry is launching their websites and apps. Many applications are launched in different versions for different platforms. This is majorly done to expand and enter new market capacity.
Now, the important fact of the matter is that different countries speak different languages which makes the need of using native language in applications compulsory. This ascertains delivery of correct and exact message; it also makes the application user-friendly hence increasing usage.
Over the past decade we have observed that more and more companies localize their websites in the native language to increase accessibility. This is generally done to generate more users than the common English language. Likewise, applications are becoming face of a brand, company or organization. Thus, a mobile application translated in the local language is sure to generate more business.
An important element to achieve goal of localizing application is to translate all the data of the application in target language.
- Much more popular among consumers
- Better user-experience
- Compatible with all smartphones like cameras or GPS
- Do not require connection with internet to operate
- Generally faster than using mobile web
When developing native mobile applications important things to be taken in consideration are:
- Speed and performance of the application should be fast
- Include device-specific features
- Figure out if an internet connection is required or not to run application.
- Make it compatible with other mobile platforms and devices
- Trans creating the graphics of the application according to the targeted segment demographic
- Other aspects to be considered while localizing application is not to lose the original impact of the content made by the developers.
In a nutshell, for global reach, mobile app localization is rapidly gaining prominence. While choosing a translation agency to get your app localized, you must check the certifications that the company has, the qualifications of its translators, its quality policy and its client base.
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others