A game is a place of imagination, where you get the chance to escape the real world and be whatever you want. Games have become so entertaining, interesting, and interactive, and they literally give you a sense of false reality, creating a whole new world of fantasy with its own rules, and languages.
You might have noticed that the languages most games use are not real; they’re sort of alien languages that do not really have any meaning. Such languages create mystery, layers, and more character in the game.
Minecraft is a famous mining game that uses non-real language in-game. Sometimes, this language does make the players confused, especially if they are beginners.
Most players are unable to comprehend the language and they keep scratching their heads. This article will help you understand more about the Minecraft language, and you will also learn how to read it.
Table of Content
- Some Facts And Advice About The Minecraft Enchantment Tables
- What is Minecraft Enchanting Table Language?
- What Is the Standard Galactic Alphabet?
- Is The Minecraft Enchanting Language Readable?
- Is Learning the Minecraft Enchanting Language Necessary to Play the Game?
- How To Read Minecraft Enchanting Table Language?
- Why Some Words Don’t Mean Anything in English?
- Enchantment Table Translations can Seem Confusing and Senseless
- Do We Have Professional Minecraft Enchanting Language Translators?
- Does Google Translator Translate Minecraft Enchanting Language?
- Final Verdict!
Some Facts And Advice About The Minecraft Enchantment Tables
- Enchantment Table Function: The Enchantment Table is a block in Minecraft used to enchant tools, weapons, and armor with various magical enchantments.
- Crafting Recipe: To craft an Enchantment Table, you need 4 Obsidian blocks, 2 Diamonds, and 1 Book.
- Enchanting Process: To enchant an item, you need experience levels and Lapis Lazuli as a cost for each enchantment attempt.
- Bookshelves Increase Power: Placing bookshelves around the Enchantment Table increases its power, allowing access to higher-level enchantments.
- Maximum Enchantment Level: The maximum enchantment level depends on the number of bookshelves nearby; the maximum is 15 bookshelves for level 30 enchantments.
- Random Enchantments: Enchantments offered are random, though the number of bookshelves increases the likelihood of getting better enchantments.
- No Duplicates: If you see an enchantment on the table but don’t want it, you can enchant a cheap item to cycle the available enchantments.
- Language of Enchanting: The text on the enchantment table is written in the Standard Galactic Alphabet, a fictional language created by Mojang for Minecraft.
- Enchantment Compatibility: Some enchantments are mutually exclusive and cannot be combined on the same item.
- Enchanting Books: You can also enchant books using the Enchantment Table, and later apply those enchantments to items using an Anvil.
- Incompatible Enchantments: Combining certain enchantments on an Anvil may lead to “Too Expensive” or “Incompatible” messages, preventing further combinations.
- Silk Touch and Fortune: The Silk Touch and Fortune enchantments are exclusive to each other and cannot be combined on the same tool.
- Enchanting Efficiency: The level of efficiency in the enchanting process can be improved by using higher-level bookshelves, even if they are not directly connected to the Enchantment Table.
- Experience Cost Reduction: Placing torches on the bookshelves or using non-full bookshelves can reduce the experience level cost for enchanting.
- Enchanting Language Translation: Players have deciphered the Standard Galactic Alphabet used on the enchantment table, making it possible to read the enchanting text in English.
What is Minecraft Enchanting Table Language?
Minecraft enchanting table language is a fictional language used in the Minecraft game. Minecraft is an interesting game, where players would mine and collect raw minerals. Players can also use the collected resources to make tools and castles.
Through the journey of a player in-game, they have to fight with non-player characters, or other players to go ahead in the game. Players and streamers often use the services of enchantment table translator to get a competitive edge over other players.
Players come across many strange symbols throughout, you would never understand the meaning of them unless you understand the language. Whenever a symbol or alien word appears, you have to Google it every time.
It seems like there is a mystery lying behind those symbols and you desperately want to know the meaning. Understanding the Minecraft enchanting table language would make it easier for the players to interact with the game and improve their gaming. For this, you must be familiar with standard galactic alphabets and know the enchanting table secret. Or you can hire a Minecraft enchanting table translator like most players do.
What Is the Standard Galactic Alphabet?
It is a writing system that is created by the Commander Keen video game Series. Minecraft’s enchanting table language is also based on this writing system that is used to represent the alien languages throughout the galaxy.
In this language, every alphabet of the standard galactic alphabet represents a Latin alphabet from the English language. There are 26 symbols in the standard galactic alphabet, where each symbol represents one Latin alphabet.
This language is made by replacing every alphabet in the English language with a symbol. Understanding the alphabet would help you decode the meaning of Minecraft language.
It means the words you see in the game are not nonsense at all. They have a meaning that can be comprehended by learning the standard galactic alphabets. Minecraft enchanting table language is not the only game that uses galactic alphabets; other popular games like Quake 4 also use standard galactic alphabets.
Is The Minecraft Enchanting Language Readable?
Though it is a fictional language, it is still readable if you understand the standard galactic alphabet. Only if you know the standard galactic symbolic representation of Latin alphabets, can you easily understand the language and read it.
You can either learn the standard galactic alphabets yourself or use a translation app that provides translation for such gaming languages. Not every translating app is going to provide translation for Minecraft’s enchanting table language because it is not a real-world language. So, make sure you are using the right translation app for the purpose.
Is Learning the Minecraft Enchanting Language Necessary to Play the Game?
Not really, you can play the game very well, even if you don’t understand the language. These are just the random word phrases used in the game, but it has nothing to do with the game itself.
There are some pro gamers who become proficient in decoding the symbols without any tool, but they are just a handful of people. However, for some reasons, learning the Minecraft enchanting table language could be beneficial.
For instance, many people share secret codes and messages outside the game using the standard galactic alphabets; it will be easier for you to understand the code messages if you are familiar with the game language.
Well, it is not so hard to find the meaning of Minecraft language because there are translation apps, translators, and of course, Google to help you understand it.
How To Read Minecraft Enchanting Table Language?
Learning the language is not essential though, still, it is quite fun to learn, because it will really improve your gaming experience. Players use different methods to read the language; for instance, some would use a translator app, some use a standard galactic symbols chart, or some gamers also prefer to learn standard galactic alphabets.
However, knowing the meaning of the words and phrases is not useful in the game because it is all just random English words.
When you decode the meaning of words and phrases used in the game, you’ll get to know that they are just some random word combinations, making no sense to the game. However, it doesn’t mean this language is not useful at all.
Some gamers use the language to send secret messages to each other outside the game, in some social groups. They share deep insights about the game in the Minecraft language.
Why Some Words Don’t Mean Anything in English?
You would notice that some words used in the Minecraft enchanting game don’t mean anything in the English language. Most of the time, these are the names of fictional characters in some fictional movie or novel. The non-English words are not by mistake, they do mean something in the fictional world; however, even these words are not useful for the players. So, there is a meaning to every phrase, but it rarely has any relevance to the game scene.
Enchantment Table Translations can Seem Confusing and Senseless
Minecraft’s enchantment table utilizes a system of glyphs (or we can say “symbols”) in order to symbolize different enhancements that players can apply to the items. However, these glyphs are produced in a very random fashion and thus have no one-to-one, direct translation to any language.
Having said that, it could be very confusing when you try to translate the glyphs. Since it’s not any coherent language, you will come up with sentences that will make no sense at all. This is completely opposite to what we see in the Commander Keen game series where there is an actual meaning to every word on the signs.
Moreover, if you see the intention behind the enchantment table language, it is to enhance the magical and intriguing ambiance of the game. The enchantment table language used is cryptic and mysterious and there is no clear meaning behind those glyphs. It only adds to the game’s sense of discovery, exploration, and experimentation.
Some players even tried to decode the system of glyphs or produce translations, but they are usually based on speculations. The translations that come up form a collection of random words without any relation to the actual enchantment. Therefore, it’s wise to ignore this cryptic language since Mojang also designed it to establish a mysterious scenario by using a non-real fictional enchantment table language.
Do We Have Professional Minecraft Enchanting Language Translators?
Well, you can find people who can translate the Minecraft enchanting table language for you, but they’re not professional translators. Being a fictional language, there is no need for professional translations. On social groups of Minecraft games, there are pro-gamers who are proficient in game language translation. You can ask them for help. Though the language doesn’t serve any purpose, some gamers are still very curious about decoding the phrases.
Galactic alphabet charts are available everywhere, but some gamers have done comprehensive research on the language. You will get traces of pop culture or may find deep meaning, and relevancy.
They can provide you with that secret information revealing “mysterious game secrets” for some money. It is not all professional, but some smart gamers are still making money by being part-time translators.
If you’re curious about decoded meanings and secrets from that fictional language, you can contact pro-gamers for that.
Does Google Translator Translate Minecraft Enchanting Language?
Google translator is a go-to place online for all sorts of translations to and from a wide range of languages. Unfortunately, fictional languages are not included.
You can find many websites on Google that might provide translations for such languages, but not Google Translator. Not so far, but who knows, in the future, Google would start providing translations for fictional language, considering the fast growth of the gaming industry.
Understanding the fictional language can be really fun and it also enhances your game experience. If you don’t have a translation app in place, you can still decode the meaning of symbols through a standard galactic alphabet chart that will tell you exactly which Latin alphabets these symbols represent. However, you will find no relevance between these words and the actual game.