Case Study – Professional Khmer Translation of Survey Form
About the Project
The client requested us to translate a survey form into Khmer. And this is a continuous project. There will be several times in each month. It always was done by another company before. This client changed the supplier because of the cost and consistence problems.
The client’s requirements and/or the challenges are as following:
1. Khmer isn’t a common language.
Problem: a. It can’t be displayed normally. There will appear many question marks (?) or boxes (□).
b. it is different from common language pairs (such as English-Chinese, English-Japanese, English-French, etc.), there are not many excellent English-Khmer translators.
2. Many reference files are provided, There are a lot of reference files (about 10 excel files), which were translated before by other translators.
Problem: we should keep consistency with former projects.
3. There are some tags.
Problem: sometimes it is easy to lose tags.
1. We changed code. And install Khmer font. Then the Khmer translation can be displayed normally.
There are several translators in our talent pool. At the same time, we test more Khmer translators and carefully selected excellent translators who are professional in survey translation, which enrich our talent pool.
2. We make TM with former project file. There are some repetitive words. We deal with fully matches words firstly, then send fuzzy match and new words to translator. It saves 30% cost for our client. As for the TM making method, please refer to this blog (https://www.ccjk.com/excel-to-tm-tmx/). The following is the TM screenshot for that project:
3. We do this project by Trados 2011 and examine tag, number, consistence problems with Xbench. Besides, we enforced TEP strictly. TEP also can reduce these problems and control top-quality. Finally, the PM will check the file before delivering to the client. Therefore, tag problems can be resolved during so many process.
Read Also: Khmer and the people speak it
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com.
Check out how we helped our reputed client and localized their project for Khmer language. Read the complete case study here
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others