Case Study-Problems and Solutions in Converting from PDF to Word
- Page breaks should be added at the end of each page in case the format mess after translation.
- Check the order of contents. Converting always changes the order from “read down” into “read across” in some place of the page unexpectedly. Solution: you can select one column a time in a page to check order and correct it compared with PDF when find it.
- Check extra “Enter” at the end of each line and delete them compare with PDF.
- Check extra “Space” before or after website and delete compare with PDF.
- Check extra “Hyphen” and delete them accordingly (You can use “Ctrl + F” to search all the Hyphens without missing.).
- Check website, special characters like Italian or French character in English files, words with color, words in bold and italics. Then revise them if needed compared with PDF.
- Check the total line in case there are contents missing for every paragraph.
- If the target is Chinese, there may be extra “Space” at the end of every sentence. You can use “Chinese full stop + Space” to replace “Chinese full stop”.
- If the target is Chinese, the font of Quotation marks, Colon, Semicolon will still keep in English font. You can use “Replace” to solve the problems all together quickly: firstly, copy and paste the sign into “Find what”; secondly, put the “cursor” in “Replace with”; thirdly, change the font into Chinese font for both “Asian text font” and “Latin text font”; fourthly, replace all.
- Checks if there are missing words or extra words for the part keeping in source.
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Request a call or contact us
Call ccjk.support for professional assistance
Click Here to leave us a message and be as detailed as possible.
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others