Needs from the Client:
We are curious as to how we could use your services to develop a translation workflow that would allow us to have our website translated into multiple languages.
1) We want important pieces of our current content translated
2) We want a system where new articles are put into a manageable workflow and translated.
Please inform me of how you could do this for our WordPress site.
Proposal from CCJK.com:
The process of creating a multilingual website actually works pretty straight-forward. You only need to define the work scope and we will take care of all the rest. Please allow me to have a brief introduction as below.
A visitor clicks a language button (or chooses a language from a combo box) that corresponds to his/her language on the home page or any other web pages; the corresponding page in the target language opens and he/she can continue to navigate with his/her own language.
Things to do at your end:
1. Define the scope of the work, e.g. which pages you want to translate and which languages you want to target at.
2. Provide FTP details with which you publish your web content. Allow us to access your back-end CMS system if want us to publish new articles for you in multiple languages.
Things we will take care of:
1. We translate the defined pages into multiple languages with exactly the same feel, look and function as the English page.
2. We publish the translated pages onto the corresponding language site realizing the result as showed above.
3. Technical considerations: depending on the structure and specification of your current WordPress site, we might need to customize and maintain separate CMS database for different languages. This has to be decided after studying your current website structure.
Benefits you can expect:
1. We use Computer Aided Tools (CAT) to create and maintain a Translation Memory (TM) for your projects on a long-term basis. Every translation unit will be saved in the TM. One time translated, multiply times used. By creating a TM, we charge fewer words as we discount both for repetitions and for similar words (75%-99% match), thus saving your cost (at least 30%) while enhancing quality and consistency.
2. Update and release of new pages and articles will never be easier and faster.
Also Read: Case study Immigration Website Localization
Case Study: www.jebsenindustrial.com
Jebsen is a family enterprise whose history can be traced back to the end of the 19th century. Their Industrial business unit focuses on the Chinese market, helping clients succeed in Greater China. We help Jebsen Industrial to localize their websites into Chinese and Vietnamese, and maintain and update their website on daily basis.
How it works:
When the client needs to release a new product, news, or article in English, they provide the English source text by Microsoft Word. We translate them into multiple languages in Word and send to the client for approval. Once the text is approved, we publish the multilingual pages along with English using their backend CMS system.
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for Website Translation Services . Click here to read the complete case study