Trados 2011 Guide for dummies Ⅰ
Since trados 2011 has been published for 2 years, and this tools has become more perfect right now, i would like to write some articles to tell you how to quickly get to know trados 2011
Opening and creating packages
1) On the Home view, select Open Package. Browse to the location where the package is saved and click Open.
2) Click Finish.
3) Browse to location you wish to save the project. Once the package has been imported to Studio, click Close.
4) The project will appear in the Projects view, make sure the correct project is selected then go to File view and select the file to translate.
5) Save the files, after having carried out the translation.
6) Go to the Projects view. Make sure the relevant project is highlighted in bold. Right-click on the project. Select Create Return Package, which will launch a very straight-forward wizard.
Directly translate .ITD files without installing SDLX
since sdl tookover sdlx, it is necessary for trados to make compatible upgrade to support sdlx project file (.itd) and sdlx translation memory (.mdb)
you may found that, if you want to translate itd file with trados 2009, the software will pop up a notice to show you that you need to install sdlx first.
this is too much trouble for a project manager or translator.
now, things has changed, what trados 2011 surprise me about is they don’t need sdlx any longer!
with trados 2011, you can directly translate itd files, and import mdb translation memories.
Trados 2009 Compatible
now, with trados 2011, you can create both trados 2009 and 2011 sdl stuido project package file at the same, it’s very convenient for you to send project to translation who has not upgraded his trados from 2009 to 2011.
at the same time, the return package create by 2009 is fully compatible by 2011.
About CCJK Translation and Localization Company
CCJK.com is a professional language translation company with over 10 years of experience providing end-users with first class translation services with consistent quality at good prices, both individually and in partnership with some of the biggest translation agencies in the world.
Excellent business ethics and operations centered on quality have earned CCJK.com an outstanding reputation in the business and clients from all business sectors.
we are skilled for the following CAT tools:Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Catalyst, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Pagemaker, Passolo, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast
Contact Us to find more about our language translation services, or request a free service proposal and price quotation by submitting your project.
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others