When talking about Paragraph Structure, there are three aspects are always connected with it. They are paragraph development, continuity and emphasis,
When developing a paragraph in a good paper or article, we always following the order of
A: the topic sentence
B: the first theory
C:Explanation to B
D: the second theory
E: Explanation to C
F: the third theory
Topic sentence first, then supporting sentence, create a expectation, and then fulfill the expectation..
There are seven skills in creating a coherent paragraph:
• 1. Repeating key terms exactly and early
• 2. link the key terms
• 3. use transitions
• 4. keep a consistent order
• 5. keep a consistent point of view
• 6. use parallel form for parallel ideas
• 7. signal subtopics within a paragraph
Here are two examples which can make a distinction between coherent and incoherent paragraphs.
The second has used some of the skills mentioned above. Have you noticed their difference?
1. (A) The ability to perform high-resolution genotyping for the purpose of genetic mapping depends on the availability of polymorphic markers at very high density.
(B) Single-base variations, reported on average at every 1kb of the human genome, provide an attractive reservoir of polymorphisms. (C) Mis-match repair detection is an in vivo method foe the detection of DNA sequence variations.
2. (A) The ability to perform high-resolution genotyping for the purpose of genetic mapping depends on the availability of polymorphic markers at very high density.
(B) An attractive reservoir of polymorphic markers is single-base variations, reported on average at every 1kb of the human genome, provide. (C) An in vivo method for the detection of single-base variations is mis-match repair detection
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others