Thoughts about apologies…
Some mistakes happen for reasons, never on purpose! Apologies tend to impact the harmony of things ! Tge causes of mistakes may be unsuitable to state publicly.
One who forces others to apologize causes bad face…
Apologizing may bring shame and loss of face…
Apologies are unnecessary in good relations…
Preferred process: Person A hints at the problem (hints allows B to keep face).
Person B corrects the issue (action speaks louder than words).
Person A accepts person B’s correction (issue corrected, problem solved).
Some apologies are recognitions of mistakes: The one who refuses to say they’re sorry acts out of fear.
The one who admits they were wrong and asks for forgiveness acts out of courage
Preferred process: 1) Apologize quickly because you do not know how soon it will be too late.
2) Admit what you did.
3) Express your sorrow.
4) Be sincere by speaking from the heart and feeling the victim’s pain.
5) Give your victim the opportunity to vent their feelings.
6) Make up for the harm you’ve done by taking corrective action, offering compensation, or making restitution.
7) Learn from the experience.
8) If your victim accepts your apology, accept their pardon with gratitude.