About the Project
The client requested us to translate a game into 10 languages (Chinese simplified, Chinese Traditional, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Arabic, Portuguese, French, Korean, Indonesian). The game is named Fruit Ninja and used for Mobile phone. The file format is excel.
It should be translated into 10 languages. The client’s requirements and/or the challenges are as following:
1. translated into 10 languages. Problem: that’s to say need about 20 excellent game translators or translation teams.
2. There are a lot of reference files (about 10 excel files), which were translated before. Problem: we should keep consistency with former projects.
3. There are some tags. The client’s requirements are as following:
There are also a couple of custom formatting tags that you will need to be aware of:
Anything within “%%” is a system variable. Please do not translate this value and keep its position the same .
Add new lines by adding the text “[new line]” – this lets our system identify where to put line breaks. Please don’t translate this tag. We’ll need to re-adjust the position of these ourselves depending on how long translated strings are.
Some HTML elements were unavoidable and must be left “as is” with only the non-HTML text translated. For example in the below string you would only need to localise the text in Green. If you are unsure about any strings please just ask and I can help you out on a case by case basis if needed.
You ordered %order.totalItems% items totalling %order.currencySymbol%%order.transactionAmount%. Your order number is[new line] %order.orderID%
Problem: sometimes it is easy to lose tags.
Read Also: Skills Of Game Localization
1. We sent test to these 20 languages translators or translation teams who are in our large talent pool. We carefully selected excellent translators who are professional in game for these 10 languages. In fact, 10 languages are not the problem for us. We ever dealt with 104 languages for MICROSOFT. However, this project is professional game project. It took us much time to select suitable professional translators.
2. We make TM with former project file. There are some repetitive words. We deal with fully matches words firstly, then send fuzzy match and new words to translator. It saves 30% cost for our client.
3. We enforced TEP strictly. This kind of problem can be examined during this course. Besides, the PM will check the file before delivering to the client. Therefore, tag problems can be resolved in TEP process.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com.
Take a look at how we helped our client by localizing their project for Gaming Industry. Click here to read the complete case study