All You Need to Know about Manufacturing Translation
In the manufacturing industry, translation is very important because manufacturing is not the work of a single person. All stockholders need to work together to produce the ultimate product. If they don’t understand each other’s demands, they will face a plethora of problems in the manufacturing process and end up with the wrong product. All the products go through a manufacturing process, whether it is related to life-saving medicines or the use of daily products. If you don’t hire proper translation services then it will damage the company’s reputation and you can’t expand your business globally. Due to improper manufacturing translations, you can’t manufacture your products on time in the fierce global competition and will lag behind. For this purpose, you should know what type of translation is required and how to select the best language service provider.
Understanding the Types of Manufacturing Translations
According to the business type, each company may need different types of manufacturing translations. To get impeccable translation results, you should know the different types of translation.
In the manufacturing industry, technical translation is one of the important translations to be used. It covers the translation of all technical and scientific components that are used in the manufacturing of the product. Technical translation cannot be done by a layman. It requires a technical translator who is well aware of technology terminologies and has prior experience in the manufacturing field.
The second type of translation used in the manufacturing industry is document translation. Document translation includes the translation of manufacturing processes that need to be according to the legal requirements of different countries. Document translation will help you in abiding by the legal laws. Document translation should be done by subject matter experts of the industry. With the help of subject matter experts, you can take your manufacturing company to the next level.
Significance of Manufacturing Translation
Due to technological advancement, companies are using an innovative process in manufacturing products. They require a specific global supply chain to produce multiple products. It created a need for large volumes of the multilingual document that range from product specification to data sheets which support the online user documents. In the manufacturing industry, content is more interrelated than any other industry. Manufacturing companies must manage, organize, and maintain the product life cycle so that cost of production is reduced and they can finish their manufacturing project in a fast turnaround time with state-of-the-art translation. The quality translation helps in manufacturing in the following key areas:
1. During the product design, the high quality of product terminology at the source level is required.
2. Multilingual communication is required to deliver SOPS from head office to subsidiaries.
3. Manufacturing and producing products faster with reduced costs in the global market.
4. Mitigating the support costs and supply chain costs in all target languages.
5. Complying with global regulatory requirements for labeling and documentation and product software.
Pitfalls in Manufacturing Industry
The manufacturing industry if it doesn’t get desirable translation results then it will have a havoc impact on the manufacturing process. Let’s have a look at
1. It results in the production of poor-quality processes and products as a result of mistranslation.
2. Unable to comply with local and legal requirements because of inappropriate translation.
3. Unable to get a patent in a given location because of poor document translation.
4. Mis-translated documents will make potential customers lose interest in your products.
5. Poor documentation will result in a wrong manufacturing process that may lead to the wrong use of machines and technologies
In short, low-quality manufacturing translation will make your process of manufacturing tedious and you will not be able to target the specific markets efficiently. Thus, it is mandatory to work with competent translators that are aware of industry-specific terminologies. Precise and accurate translation will help manufacturers to run the production of the products smoothly.
Don’t get Lost with Manufacturing Translations
Manufacturing translations are a bit different from other translations. You need to make sure that you don’t get lost in translation. If you fail to get a good quality translation, you may end up facing several issues like:
1. Mis-translated manufacturing materials and processes will hamper the whole manufacturing process.
2. If the manufacturing translation is not provided on time then you cannot launch your product before your competitors in the market.
3. Mistranslated translations will make it difficult for manufacturing companies to comply with legal requirements.
4. With improper manufacturing translation, you can’t train your employees regarding the manufacturing process well.
5. Lack of professional translation services will result in the loss of time, effort, and money.
Hiring a Reliable Translation Company
To get high-quality translation results, you need to hire a reliable translation company and provide them with the following information.
1. A detailed list of manufacturing-related terminologies, acronyms, and abbreviations.
2. Information about markets and target audience.
3. Inform them about the tone and style of your brand.
4. Provide them with translation memory if you have
5. Give them a reference material for help
6. Cooperation with the language service provider.
It is recommended to hire a translation company that has previous experience in handling manufacturing translation projects. After hiring a translation company, discuss the cost and deadline of project completion before going ahead. In this way, you will be able to identify your requirements and expectations from the language service provider. The translator who is the subject matter expert and knows the manufacturing terminologies well can identify the inappropriate terminologies, lack of preciseness, and accuracy in the source document before translating the document into another language. These clarifications will take ample time but it will result in getting impeccable translation results.
To avoid common mistakes in the translation, you need to be very vigilant in selecting a professional translation company. A professional translation company will help in getting seamless translation results in a fast turn around time and economical rates. CCJK is here for you. We have a team of native translators that are also subject matter experts who provide you with meticulous manufacturing translation services. Get in touch for a free quote!
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others