About Kon & Complex
Many young people love new words “Kon & Complex” in China in recent months, to avoid hearing the sentence “You are left behind the times.” (你 out 了!), let us know something about “Kon & Complex”.
“Kon” (also called Con) has the similar meaning with love and complex, the people who have the same hobby are known as “Kon”, derived from the English word “complex”.
There are many kinds of complex, so there are lots of “Kon” in a corresponding way.
1. Lolicon (Lolita complex) : describes an attraction to young girls, or an individual with such an attraction.
2. Father complex: can be defined as an eruption from the unconscious of an adult child, he (or she) is in love with his/her father.
3. FOMO (fear of missing out) : refers to the fear of missing out on something or someone more interesting, exciting or better than what we’re currently doing.
4. Digitally freshen up : refers to the people who always stop the work at hand to check e-mails. For example: “Excuse me while I digitally freshen up, I’ll be right back！”
5. Brand dropping : Mentions that the people like buying the products with famous brand name, such as you’re wearing an expensive brand of clothing, using an expensive piece of technology, or bragging about other items that you own which are of high value.
6. “RMB” complex : refers to people with prevailing passion.
There are incalculable kons, so what is your complex ? Anyway, make sure you are not controlled by them.
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others