1. 名师出高徒 A great teacher produces a brilliant student.
2. 前事不忘后事之师 Lessons learned from the past can guide one in the future.
3. 巧夺天工 Superb workmanship
4. 巧妇难为无米之炊 The cleverest housewife cannot cook a meal without rice.
5. 切莫错过良机 Everything has its time and that time must be watched.
6. 情人眼里出西施 Beauty lies in lover’s eyes.
7. 求学无坦途 There is no royal road to learning.
8. 人笨怨刀钝 A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
9. 人各有所好 There is no accounting for tastes.
10. 人无远虑，必有近忧 He who give no thought to the future is sure to be beset by worries at hand.
11. 若要人不知，除非己莫为 If you do not wish anyone to know what you have done, it’s better not to have done it in the first place.
12. 三思而后行 Look before you leap
13. 善有善报，恶有恶报 Good will be rewarded with good, and evil with evil.
14. 身正不怕影子斜 A clean hand wants no washing.
15. 事实胜于雄辩 Actions speak louder than words.
16. 是非自有公论 Public opinion is the best judge.
17. 熟能生巧 Practice makes perfect.
18. 水火无情 Fire and flood has no mercy.
19. 天网恢恢，疏而不漏 Justice has long arms.
20. 天无绝人之路 There is always a way out.
21. 同仇敌忾 A common danger causes common actions.
22. 问心无愧，高枕无忧 A clear conscience is a soft pillow.
23. 无事不登三宝殿 One never goes to the temple for no reason.
24. 习惯成自然 Custom is a second nature.
25. 心有灵犀一点通 Hearts which beat in unison are linked.
26. 心有余而力不足/贪多嚼不烂 The eye is bigger than the belly.
27. 行行出状元 Every profession produces its own leading authority.
28. 学无止境 Live and learn.
29. 夜郎自大 A cock is valiant on his own dunghill.
30. 一不做二不休 In for a penny, in for a pound.
31. 一朝被蛇咬，十年怕井绳 A burnt child dreads the fire.
32. 一失足成千古恨 A moment’s error can bring a lifelong regret.
33. 以其人之道，还治其人之身 Deal with a man as he deals with you.
34. 以眼还眼，以牙还牙 An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth
35. 欲速则不达/忙中有错 More haste, less speed. Haste makes waste.
36. 知己知彼，百战不殆 Precise Knowledge of self and precise knowledge of the threat leads to victory. Know the enemy and know yourself, and you’ll fight a hundred battles without defeat.
37. 知足常乐 A contented mind is perpetual feast.
38. 只要功夫深铁杵磨成针 If you work hard enough, you can grind an iron rod into a needle.
39. 置之死地而后生 Confronted with the danger if death, he will fight to live. A rat would fight in the corner.
40. 坐井观天 A blind man who leans against a wall imagines that it’s the boundary of the world.
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others