Trend of E-Learning Field
- On September 27, 2011, Trivantis Corporation, producer of the world’s leading eLearning authoring and learning management software, announced the Company’s official acquisition of its partner, Flypaper Studio, Inc. Bringing together Trivantis and Flypaper provides the industry more than a decade of eLearning expertise within Trivantis and its extensive roster of worldwide Lectora® clients along with Flash and digital signage experience offered by Flypaper Studio. The deal enhances the companies’ complementary skill sets that will deliver world-class eLearning content and digital signage creation for customers.
- On Sep 8, 2011, Callidus Software Inc. (NASDAQ: CALD), the leader in Sales Performance Management (SPM), announced it has acquired the leader in collaborative rapid e-learning authoring, Rapid Intake.
- On August 11, 2011, developer of language learning applications which allow direct delivery of their lessons to users' computer, email inbox, smartphone or via SMS, announced it has received a $ 2.8 million investment.
- On August 8, 2011, Kno, Inc., a leading education software company, announced that it has closed $30 million in Series C financing led by new investor Intel Capital that contributed $20 million.
- On July 1, 2001, Blackboard Inc. (NASDAQ: BBBB), the leader in online learning solutions, announced it has entered into a definitive agreement under which Blackboard will be acquired by an investor group led by affiliates of Providence Equity Partners ("Providence") in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $1.64 billion, plus the assumption of approximately $130 million in net debt.
- On June 13, 2011, Callidus Software Inc. (NASDAQ: CALD), the leader in Sales Performance Management (SPM), announced it has acquired leading Learning Management Systems (LMS) vendor, Litmos Limited.
- On June 2, 1011, Online training software startup Mindflash.com said that it has raised $4 million in new funding led by the Investment Group of Santa Barbara, a venture capital investment group based in Santa Barbara. Mindflash, which is based in Palo Alto, offers a site which helps companies create online training courses.
- On March 15, 2011, 2tor, an online education startup, raises $32.5 Million Series C To Make Online Education Great
- On March 8, 2011, YouTube acquired original content video website Next New Networks
- On March 3, 2011, Brandon Hall Research and AC Growth Announce Merger
New developments were actively engaged among the main players in the industry, all takes E-Learning practices to the next level:
- Online Printing Service Giant Vistaprint launches MDP initiative to promote business development
- Lectora publish new learning software Snap!
- Allen Communication Learning Services release DesignJot, an iPad App targeting at training expert and education designer
- SADA Systems Inc provides Google Apps E-Learning service
- TrainingIndustry.com publish Global Content Developer Top 20
- Cisco unites with Morocco government to open new Networking Academy
- Saba kick off Saba Social Learning official version
- LDI partner with Latitude Learning
- Blackboard Learn Named Best Corporate Learning Solution in CODiE Awards
- Skillsoft release Web Learning Workshop series
- Brainshark partner with Blackboard to provide online and mobile learning dual solution
- Axis Communications launches brand new business training courses
- IBM teams with Shell Oil for E-Learning system
- CoursePark launches "My Boss Will Pay" training service
- Knoodle launches Cloud Speech, Training and E-Learning service
- Student numbers reach million at Cisco Networking Academy
After ten years of development, the E-Learning market has never been hotter with more and more players join the competition. The E-Learning filed now transits into a buyer market from a seller market. The heavy acquisition, merger and financing activities as well as the new developments all reveal the fierce competition.
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others