The Question and Answer for the translation when using TradosThe Question and Answer for the translation when using Trados 1、Question: Some time you may encounter the situation that you can not translate the word file by using the Trados. Maybe you cannot know how it happens. When you continue translation, the status of the workbench displays that “It happens error or terminator cannot be found”. How can continue the work? Answer: Click the menu “trados” in the word file, and Click the “Repair Documents” to repair. This may solve the problem. 2、Question：The above problem has been solved, but all of the tags and source words have been displayed in the word file. How can we hide the source words and the tags? Answer: In the menu “Tool” of the word, click the “option” item. In the dialog box, make sure that the “hidden words” of the format tags doesn’t be chosen in the “view” tab. And then choose “OK”. 3、Question: In the "option" menu of workbench, clicking on the "term recognization", the term does not show tips, though the terms in the right area. This is why, how can I solve it? Answer: In the "option" menu of workbench, click "term recognization option", and select your terminology database files. Can you open another term library? If you have opened the library, it also cannot display the tips. Please in the “file” menu of MULTITERM, click “create fuzzy index” to solve the probem. 4、Question: How can I import the translation file to the translation memory? Answer: There are tow options: One: If the file is the article, please use the tool WINALIGN. The step is below:
- First, please covert the source word file and the translation word file to the RTF file.
- Second, open the tool WINALIGN procedure.
- Third, in the “file” menu, click “new project” to create a new project, and set the source and the translation file.
- Fourth, in the “project” menu, click the “setting” to add the source file and the translation file.
- Fifth, WINALIGN the files.
- Sixth, disconnect the inconsistent the source and translation, and connect the consistent source and translation.
- Seventh, export the file to txt file.
- Eighth, open the workbench, in the “file” menu, click the “import” menu to import the translation to the translation memory(TM).
- First, create the excel file, and copy the source to the first column and the translation the second column.
- Second, open the workbench, and click T-WINDOWS->T-WINDOWS FOR EXCEL. In the tool menu, choose CONVERT EXCEL FILE TO MULTITER5 IMPORT FORMAT. Then use the Migration tools.
- In the tool menu of word file, choose the “macro” item, and click “macro”
- Choose the “tw4winClean.Main” and click “run” to run the macro for cleaning up the translation file. When the execute stops, the word file is the translated file.
- Close the translation file and open the workbench.
- Choose the “tool” menu of the workbench, and click the “clean up” item. In the dialog of “clean up”, click “add” button to add the translated file and then click “clean up” to clean up the file. Every thing will go ok.
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Request a call or contact us
Call ccjk.support for professional assistance
Click Here to leave us a message and be as detailed as possible.
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others