Language Dependent Testing Case Study
About the Project
The client requested us to carry out Japanese language independent testing for their newly designed software. This Japanese testing combining standard testing tasks with some linguistic activities.
Language tester needs to do the testing and report bugs into client’s software defect database.
Access and training will be provided by client’s software engineer.
The tasks for language tester are required in the below:
1. Obvious wrong translation – for sure limited by linguistic knowledge of a non-linguist
2. Truncations – for sure there where clear
3. Mismatch terminologies in multiple areas ( ex. menu and dialog have different translation ) – for sure when we look at a dialog level only (not across products)
4. Unappreciable translation for the area where string appear –as long as we’re taking into account expected background of testers.
1. We carefully selected a Japanese language tester for this project. The tester has rich experience in localization. He was aware of all types of localization defects.
2. The client created a plan including all necessary info for testing. The Plan contains: Overall scope together with testing estimates; Supported platforms required for testing; ”Easy to follow” test cases separated into various scenarios. In this case, the tester can try to install the builds and play a bit with the software products.
3. Before stating the project, we organized one week training for our language tester with the great support of engineers.
4. We carefully read and followed the client’s instructions of the entire testing project step by step. The tester successfully performed the testing according to Test Cases in the Plan. Completed the result column in Plan with (PASS/FAIL) and add the comments. Summarized the defects found on a daily basis and send the defect report to client in forms of XLS sheet.
The client is an American multinational software corporation that focuses on 3D design software for use in the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media and entertainment industries. It is often seen as a bellwether for the broader economy because its software is used in many major global construction projects and the manufacturing of new products. Furthermore, the company also provides digital media creation and management software for film and television visual effects, color grading, and editing as well as animation, game development, and design visualization.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others