Introduction on TEPIn translation industry, TEP, T (translate), E (edit), P (proofread) is considered as the best practice of translation and. a magic weapon to ensure top-high quality. Almost all translation providers claim to apply TEP flow. But what is TEP indeed and why it is paramount to translation quality? As you know t is difficult for the same translator to identify their own errors, so with different translators involved in every translation projects to act as editor and proofreader, it is very helpful to minimize all kinds of errors and eliminate the man-made careless errors. Let see the specific task for the three steps: Translation This first step is the most important one in the three steps. If the first-hand translation is in poor quality, it will cause re-translation in the second edit step. It will be nightmare and waste time. The delivery time is also affected. The whole translation project will be prone to a failure. In order to gain good first-hand translation, a translator should:
- Have the professional background on the material he will translate
- Master source language to grab correct understanding on every sentence.
- Always follow the instructions if any.
- Submit complete translation, no the missing or the unwanted
- Completeness of translations
- Adherence to glossary, style guide, TM, Q&A, and any project specific instructions if any.
- No mistranslations or typographical errors.
- Correct and consistent punctuation and use of trademark symbols.
- All source language specific statements (measurements, phone numbers, etc.) have been localized.
- Checking all relevant Q&A items, as highlighted in the instructions if any
- Making sure that there are no spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes
- Making sure there are no corrupt characters, missing accents
- Accurate spelling of all proper names, and use of trademarks, registered trademarks
- Accuracy of conversion and use of measurements
- Checking that everything that is supposed to be localized has been localized.
- Graphic call-outs are all translated and fully visible
- Spot-checking index and table of contents
- Application of character formatting
- Checking header and footer
- Checking all relevant Q&A items in the instructions if any
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Request a call or contact us
Call ccjk.support for professional assistance
Click Here to leave us a message and be as detailed as possible.
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others