1. The girl soon laid the table.

译文:女孩已经布置好了餐桌。

  1. He saw a friend in me.

译文:他认为我够朋友。

  1. She cried her eyes out.

译文:她哭得很伤心。

  1. Will my overcoat go into your bag?

译文:你的包里能放得下我的大衣吗?

  1. We searched him to no purpose.

译文:我们找了他,但一无所获。

  1. But his great inventions were still to come.

译文:但是他的重大发明还在后头呢。

  1. “What do you think of Tom?”

“Oh, he has nothing in him.”

译文:“你认为汤姆这个人怎么样?”

“我认为他这个人一无可取。”

  1. “He was really a miser.”

“And how!”

译文:“他真是个小气的人。”

“可不是吗!”

  1. “Mary has decided to marry Henry in the village Church.”

“The cheek of her!”

译文:“玛丽决定在乡村教堂中与亨利结婚。”

“她脸皮真厚!”

  1. You may well be surprised.

译文:你感到惊奇,可能是颇有道理的。

  1. Let any man come; I am his man.

译文:兵来将挡,谁来我都不怕。

  1. I won’t do it to save my life.

译文:我死也不干。

  1. Theory is something but practice is everything.

译文:理论固然重要,实践更重要。

  1. In learning, grammar is not everything.

译文:学语言,光学语法是行不通的。

  1. His fury Sqoop Many businesses store information in RDBMSs and other hard drive file recovery stores, so they need a way to move hard drive file recovery back and forth from these hard drive file recovery stores to Hadoop. was exaggerated.

译文:他大发雷霆,未免小题大做。

  1. I have read your articles. I expected to meet an older man.

译文:我拜读过大作,没想到你如此年轻有为。

  1. Every time I come back from business trip it makes a new man of me.

译文:每次出差回来,这里都让我感到耳目一新,神清气爽。

  1. But the master of the house was his mother. She was twice the man her son was, they said.

译文:他那样的人,两个也比不上他妈妈。

  1. When she and he met again, each had been married to another.

译文:他们再次相逢时,一个已经娶妻,一个也已经再嫁了。

  1. I will go and attend the reception, if only to make some new friends.

译文:会去参加招待会的,哪怕交几个新朋友也好。

Read Also: Small Tips on Translation of Key Operation(1)