French APP Localization Case Study
About the project
This client designed an innovative and addictive puzzle game for IOS. He wanted to localize the French game into Japanese. The job is including the translation of Game UI and description on the APP store. Before starting the project, the client provided promotional code for us to test the game. As Apple allow to localize the title for App in App Store, the client would like to rely on translator’s professionalism to decide whether in all situations the APP name & Logo need to be translated or not.
1. In order to know more about this game, the translator should play the game before starting the actual translation.
2. The translator should use the game screenshot as reference during translation.
3. The translation has length limit, we should provide the shortest translation on the basis that the meaning is correct and clear.
4. Pay close attention to the accuracy for the specific terms.
5. The localized language should be formal, instructive.
6. Do not translate nor modify in texts that have the symbol #
7. Do not delete or add spaces to the \n symbol in sentences.
8. After the translation get done, the client is required us to review the translation thoroughly and make sure of all the text are correct in their contexts. He needs our green signal to send app to Apple.
1. We followed ISO 9001 working procedure. The translator is a native Japanese speaker and game player who has more 5 years of extensive experience in specific games. She speaks French well and passed our rigid quality test.
2. We combined with rigid project management system to ensure quality translation and punctual delivery. Our Senior PM prepared the working file, listed client translation instructions and guidelines in detail, scheduled outlines and reference materials to our translators.
3. After the initial translation gets done, we assigned the second translator who has profound game knowledge to review the translation carefully. In this way, the high quality can be guaranteed.
4. Regarding the APP name, we provided the best option for client.
Great work on an iOS game translation. Fast and effective.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way.
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Request a call or contact us
Call ccjk.support for professional assistance
Click Here to leave us a message and be as detailed as possible.
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others