Final Check of Translation Documents
There is a professional Quality Assurance system in CCJK. For TEP (translation, editing and proofreading), we follow the quality guidelines of American Translation Association and every project will be edited by a 2nd editor and proofread by a third party with profound industry knowledge.
As we all know, language translation is a human endeavor and we know the fact that errors or stylistic differences may occur, regardless of how qualified a translator may be. In order to ensure the highest degree of quality, we have more than one set of qualified eyes to review every translation. Except for first translator’s review, second translator’s proofreading, editor’s editing and PM’s QA & editing, Account Manager’s final quick check before delivery is also important.
1. Correct fonts
Usually, when we select all contents first and then set the font which can make sure that correct and consistent fonts have been used in the target contents. But there are problems which will arise after the setting.
Take translation from English to Simplified Chinese as an example, for Chinese target part, Song typeface will be set and Arial will be set for Western part. After the setting, fonts of colon and parentheses will also become Arial in target contents. The fonts of colon and parentheses should be changed into Song typeface manually. If not, Chinese readers are easily to notice it.
2. Number check:
We can follow the steps below in both source and target MS Word files:
a. Ctrl + F,
b. enter “^#”,
c. choose “Reading highlight”,
d. compare all the numbers highlight in both source and target files,
e. Serial number should be in the same format and correct order.
3. Proper names check and should be in the same format with source: Capital letters, Italic bold, underline and words with color. Proper names include company name, person’s name and other proper nouns. Usually, the common translation can be found on official webpage and Account Manager needs to check and confirm the correct translation. If translators can’t make sure about the translation after information research, Account Manager should communicate with client if there are more references. If not, translators can use transliteration or keep source according to client’s requirement.
4. Aligning and newline check. It is professional to deliver finished files with correct aligning and newline according to the custom of target language. It is also can make client feel impressive at first glance of the finished file.
5. Consistency check: If there is a terminology form, Account Manager can choose several terms to check the consistency. If there are inconsistencies, then all the terms should be rechecked. It is best to compare source with target words sentence by sentence if time is enough.
6. If client offers both non-editable and editable source files, Account Manager needs to recheck the target file compared with the non-editable source files in case there are missing texts or different formats.
7. Recheck instructions offered by client and confirm that translations are handled according to all the instructions.
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others