Essential Instructions In Case of Nuclear Power Plant EmergencyMarch 11 2011 witnessed an 8.9 magnitude earthquake had hit near the east coast of Honshu Japan resulting in about 15 thousand people dead and 200 million people homeless. However, the biggest problem caused by the deadly earthquake is the radiation leakage from the Fukushima No.1 and No. 2 nuclear power plants whose emergency cooling system were damaged by the earthquake and tsunami. All civilians nearby the Fukushima No. 1 plant were evacuated. People throughout Japan and the world have been focusing their attention on the radioactive leak and keeping themselves informed of the latest news. As we all know, people exposed to radiation will suffer from nausea, vomit, sterility, cancer and even death. However, in case we are exposed to radiation inescapably, what shall we do? Below are some recommendations for you when you are in radioactive environment.
- Always take a battery-powered radio with you to keep you informed of the instructions from the authorities.
- Shut any door and window, and use the recycled air.
- If you are recommended to stay indoors:
- Shut the air inlet of air conditioner, ventilator and cooker hood as well as any other air inlets.
- If possible, enter the basement or other underground zones.
- Don’t use the telephone unless it is essentially necessary.
- If you think you have been exposed to the nuclear radiation: §Replace your clothes and shoes. §Put the clothes and shoes subjected to radiation exposure in the plastic bag, seal the plastic bag tightly and place it at corner. §Take a shower, thoroughly wash hair, and change clothes. §Put any food in sealed container or refrigerator. §The food exposed to air should be washed before putting it into the sealed container.
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others