Rencent days, i received some unknown .hwp files from my clients, in order to make it editable, i need to convert this file into Microsoft office word type, but it hard to find an software to edit and convert this file… fortunately i find a easy and free way to do this online, in the following i will teach you how.
1. What is HWP file ?
Hangul (also known as Hangul Word Processor or HWP) is a proprietary word processing application published by the South Korean company Hancom Inc.. It is used extensively in South Korea, especially by the government.as well as other Haansoft products, is a more affordable alternative to non-native comparable programs such as Microsoft Word. Furthermore, Hangul is widely supported in South Korea and has a large user base; many South Koreans begin their word processing life with Hangul, not with Microsoft Word.
Although the HWP format and Hangul word processor has become a common standard in South Korea, the program itself and its format is seldom used outside South Korea, and is incompatible with programs such as Microsoft Word.
2. Easy steps to convert hwp to doc
- Go to the amazing website: www.thinkfree.com
- Change your default language to Korean [Important! Only by Korean language can you see the hwp file option]
See the picture below:
- After changing the language to Korean, you can found the hwp file at the right column
See the picture below
see the picture below:
- when converting get finished, download the pdf files, and convert the pdf file to word file…then it is!FYI: the converted pdf file is well and fully editable..you can use any pdf converter like adobe acrobat to convert the file into word with all the format keeped.
- Notice: Each IP address can convert once for free..if you need to convert more, you may change your ip address or sign up an account in this website
Some introduction to think free:
ThinkFree® provides a ubiquitous documentation platform to help users live in boundless environments.
ThinkFree usability extends beyond PCs and is perfect for Internet-connected devices, including thin client and mobile computing platforms.
The award-winning ThinkFree Office is a Microsoft® Office compatible application suite comprised of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics software – all usable online and offline.
ThinkFree Office can automatically install and upgrade over the Web with features such as Internet-based file sharing and storage, as well as end-to-end security.
Built for cross-platform functionality, ThinkFree Office is compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Unix and Linux systems.