Deformations for Nouns
During translation, we will come across different kinds of nouns derived by words in various forms like adjectives, verbs, and others. Thus, we will take corresponding ways to handle such kind of nouns. Here comes deformation of Nouns. See belows:
(一) Nouns to Nouns
To those nouns which have special or specific meaning, we could use literal or direct translation. For example:
(二) Nouns to Verbs
As to those nouns added the suffix on the basis of verbs, it is better for us to return the verb meaning during translation to keep concise, simplified and meaningful. See below examples:
1) Television is the transmission and reception of images of moving objects by radio.
2) One after another, speakers called for the down-fall of imperialism, abolition of exploitation of man by man, liberation of the oppressed of the world.
3) A glance through his office window offers a panoramic view of the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial.
4) We are enemies of all wars.
5) The sight and sound of our jet planes filled me with special longing.
6) The next news bulletin, shorter than usual, made no mention of the demonstration
(三) Nouns to Adjectives
We will treat those nouns derived from adjectives, expressing the function or characteristic of one object as adjectives. Let us look at some examples:
1) The security and warmth of the villa were wonderful
2) This experiment is an absolute necessity in determining the best processing route.
3) This issue is of great importance to all women.
Need a translation service?
Please enter your personal details and we will contact you shortly
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others