About the Project
The client requested us to translate casino words into 13 languages (Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Polish, Japanese, Czech, Finnish, Portuguese, French, Norwegian, Hebrew, Korean, Indonesian). The file format is xml. We should open it by excel, but should save it by xml.
Requirements and/or Challenges
It should be translated into 13 languages. The client’s requirements and/or the challenges are as following:
1. Translated into 13 languages.
2. Don’t “save as” an Excel document. Always keep it in the XML format. But we should open it by excel when we translate it. Problem: it is very easy to make this mistake (to save as Excel format).
3. There are 23 sheets in this xml file. There are three columns in each sheet:
- Ignore the first, it is a reference column
- The second is the English
- The third column is where to enter the translations;
Problem: some sheets or words not translated easily happen.
4. Display problem: words in some languages (such as Thai, Hebrew) cannot be displayed normally. Please see the following Thai example:
Besides, written Hebrew word is from right to left.
1. We sent test to these 13 languages translators who are in our large talent pool. We carefully selected excellent translators who are professional in casino for these 13 languages. In fact, 13 languages are not the problem for us. We ever dealt with 104 languages for MICROSOFT. However, this project is professional casino project. It took us much time to select suitable professional translators.
2. We listed this item in project email to our translators. But sometimes, the translators save it as excel format because of limit skill. Then we asked our technology engineer to help us deal with this problem. Sometimes, engineer is too busy to deal with it. Then we paste translation text into original xml file and save as xml file, but this way will need more time.
3. We enforced TEP strictly. This kind of problem can be examined during this course. Besides, the PM will check the file before delivering to the client.
4. It took us long-time to resolve this problem because of different time zone. There are several ways to deal with:
a. To ask translator write down his translation in excel file. Then we paste it into xml file. However, it is not useful for all languages.
b. to change code, change the code into UNICODE. Sometimes, the word cannot display normally because of unsupported code.
c. As for Hebrew, we ask our engineer to support us. To change it as it is normal from left to right.
The client Multislot is a casino solution provider. They focuses its resources into more platforms, unique products and more features; social gaming; mobile platform; specialized products and features; fresh unique content.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com