The client is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Connecticut, United States. The company operates through four segments: Energy, Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance and Consumer & Industrial. The client’s Learning Central is a one-stop shop for professional and technical skill development. Their Learning Management platform has the capability to manage, track, certify, report and integrate both eLearning and classroom training information, providing a complete, blended-learning solution to employees, customers, and channels around the world.
E-Learning materials are developed to be as acceptable and understandable for the audience as possible. The developers work hard to tailor the courses to the specific situation of their students. The original English E-learning materials were XML, HTML files. The client converted the format into TTX files and asked us to translate the materials into Simplified Chinese. The Chinese translation should be consistent with the previous projects and glossaries. Moreover, the assigned translator must have a master degree and at least 5 years translation experience E-Learning background. This expertise ensures that both the linguistic and technical aspects of our translations are of excellence.
1. To ensure top quality of the translations, CCJK strictly implemented the client’s instructions and appointed the most skilled Chinese translator to do the translation in TM environment to keep the high standard of translation quality and maintain consistency for the whole set of translations.
2. As we promised to our clients, the translation was reviewed by the third party reviewer who always has higher standard level with specific expertise. He emphasized on correct use of technical vocabulary, consistent style and readability of whole document, maintenance of glossary throughout the entire project.
3. Our PM applied Xbench to have a final check of the missing translations, inconsistency, spelling errors.
4. After first delivery, the client sent the PLLP file for our review. We need to open the HTML folder, find the related html and start from home page at the left corner. In this process, we put strength to correct the following points:
A. Check whether there are missing translations, we should list them in the cosmetic report (with proper translation).
B. Check whether the translations are appropriate for certain background.
C. Check whether all translations are fully demonstrated in some frames.
D. Help find if there are other cosmetic problems in the file.
For some pages, we need to click all the buttons to move to the next page. And cut the page with problems from the html and paste it on the cosmetic report attached with the comments in the second reviewing. (Be sure to specify the page No.)
5. A quality-sensitive translation company’s work does not finish when the actual translation is delivered. Interactive amendments based on client’s feedback guarantees client satisfaction and long term benefits. CCJK endeavors to maintain the highest level of quality for esteemed clients.
CCJK focused on the adaptation of e-Learning software and online training materials to each target market’s language, cultural expectations as well as legal requirements. From managing content in multiple languages and for multiple audiences to ensuring that all material is up-to-date and correct at all times.
Founded in 2000 and born for Internet, CCJK is a highly trusted professional e-Services company supported by more than 2,000 talented linguists, engineers, designers and programmers who work as a super organized team. From language translation, desktop publishing, graphic design, software localization, website development, SEO, user guide to corporate eLearning, we provide one stop solution to help client gain competitive edge. We rely on streamlined and sophisticated process to ensure fast and quality delivery. By trusting CCJK’s one stop solution, you need only focus on your core business, win market share and maximize your profit in simplest and soonest way. For more details about CCJK, please visit www.ccjk.com