Affirmation and Negation-1As to the expressing way, English and Chinese language have their own special style, regardless of the semantics, vocabulary, grammar, idioms or the rhetoric, so there are much big differences between them. Sometimes, this expressing way could be found in English. There are negative or related meaning English words which can be expressed the positive or same meaning. And so does the Chinese language. Therefore, we should not be retained the original words meaning when we do the translation. For example:
- Leave the tap alone. 别动水龙头。
- All music is alike to the college student. 这位大学生不懂音乐。
- 他们相识不久就结婚了。 They had not known each other long before they got married.
- Don’t lose time in cleaning the room. 赶快把房间打扫干净。
- He couldn’t wait to meet you. 他迫不及待地想见你。
- 他不喜欢上班迟到。 He hates going to work late.
- Men cannot live in the absence of air and water. 没有空气和水，人就无法生存。
- She was in ignorance of your plan. 她不知道你们的计划。
- Tom was extremely sorry for the shortness of time. 汤姆对时间不足感到十分抱歉。
- For the complicated problem, he was at a loss for words. 面对这一复杂问题，他不知怎么解释才好。
- We gave her some good advice, but she mad light of it. 我们给她忠告，但她不当一回事。
- Time failed me to finish my talk. 时间不允许我把话说完。
- The explanation lacks details. 这个解释不详细。
- The value of loss is so small that we can overlook it. 损耗值很小，我们可以忽略不计。
- Please keep the children from swimming in the sea. 请别让孩子们到海里游泳。
Words translated by CCJK146,096,379
Request a call or contact us
Call ccjk.support for professional assistance
Click Here to leave us a message and be as detailed as possible.
We are Certified
Over 95% of our clients recommend our language services to others