1. 巧言令色，鲜矣仁。 Someone who is a clever speaker and maintains a “too-smiley” face is seldom considered a human person.
2. 诗三百，一言以蔽之曰：“思无邪” The 300 verses of the Book of Songs can be summed up in a single phrase:”don’t think in an evil way”
3. 为政以德 Govern with the power of virtue
4. 子曰：“吾十有五而志于学，三十而立，四十而不惑，五十而知天命，六十而耳顺，七十二从心所欲，不逾矩。” Confucius said:”at fifteen my heart was a set on learning; at thirty I stood firm; at forty I had no more doubts; at fifty I knew the mandate of heaven; at sixty my ear was obedient; at seventy I could follow my heart’s desire without transgressing the norm.”
5. 温故而知新，可以为师矣 Reviewing what you have learned and learning anew, you are fit to be a teacher.
6. 学而优则仕 A good scholar can be an official.
7. 学而不思则罔，思而不学则殆 To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous.
8. 成事不说，遂事不谏，既往不咎 Don’t bother explaining that which has been already been done; don’t bother criticizing that which is already gone; don’t bother blaming that which is already past.
9. 子曰：“朝闻道，夕死可矣。” Confucius said:” if I can hear the Tao in the morning, in the evening I can die content.” 10. 见贤思齐焉；见不贤而内自省也。 When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.
11. 子曰：“德不孤，必有邻。” Confucius said:”if you are virtuous, you will not be lonely. You will always have friends.”
12. 子曰：“三人行，必有我师焉；择其善者而从之，其不善者而改之。” Confucius said:” when three men are walking together, there is one who can be my teacher. I pick out people’s good and follow it. When I see their bad points, I correct them in myself.”
13. 性相近也，习相远也。 People are similar by nature, but through habituation become quite different from each other.